About this Location
Culbertson is a community of ranches located 65 miles north of Miles City on Highway 59. There is a post office, elementary school, and community center located in this rural, Eastern Montana community. The population of this rural town is just over 800. It was established in 1887 following the arrival of the Great Northern Railway, then known as the St. Paul, Minneapolis & Manitoba Railway. The town was named after Major Alexander Culbertson, former head of the American Fur Company’s Fort Union, 23 miles to the east. The community is primarily made up of cattle ranches and agriculture.
Outreach Vacation Bible Schools have been conducted in Culbertson to see the spiritual receptivity in Culbertson. These events have had good results and have hopefully laid the groundwork for a new church. Families from this area will drive over 30 miles north to attend a church in Jordan, MT. We have had as many as 45 people from this area attend special music events at the community center.Start a Church Here