The church starting vision for the Montana Southern Baptist Convention is to move churches and individuals into all regions of Montana to lead people to faith in Jesus Christ and start new churches. This evangelistic church planting strategy is designed to:
Discover churches, church planters and other missionaries to penetrate lostness and connect un-churched people with a local congregation.
Develop church planters and sending churches for evangelistic church planting.
Deploy churches within our rural communities, larger cities, and identified people groups.
A Supporting Church partners with a church plant through praying, participating and/or providing. Often there will be multiple supporting churches partnering with a particular plant, helping to meet different needs.
A Sending Church is responsible for a new church plant until the plant is self-sustaining, self-governing and self-propagating.
A Multiplying Church is committed to an intentional process for discovering, developing and deploying missionary leaders for North America and the world.
As a supporting, sending and/or multiplying church, you’ll engage in one or more of these activities:
A Praying Church commits to praying specifically for a planter, city and region.
A Participating Church participates in church planting by involving its members personally in ministry with the church planter. For example, your church may want to send mission teams to assist church plants or seek to mobilize individuals within your church to be sent as short- or long-term missionaries as a part of the planting team.
As a church develops a closer relationship with a church planter, some find that there are other tangible needs for which they can provide. If your church is able to participate in this way you could have the opportunity to provide for some of the specific needs many church plants have during their critical first years.
If you are interested in partnering with a church plant in Montana please contact William Johnson (MTSBC Church Starting Team Leader). To see potential church plant locations visit our Church Planting Opportunities page.
If you are not already planting or supporting a church plant, we invite you and your church to discover how you can be involved as a Supporting, Sending or Multiplying Church.
2. After registering, you will receive an email confirming your registration and welcoming you to the Send North America process. The email will also note that a NAMB mobilizer will be contacting you soon.
3. The NAMB mobilizer will help you mobilize your congregation in a timely manner to the city or region you have chosen.
4. Once your church is ready, the NAMB mobilizer will connect you to someone directly in the city who will help you narrow your focus to a particular community that needs a new church or to an existing church planter to begin your partnership.
5. Once the above focus is determined, your congregation will now be partnering with your preferred community or church planter.
6. To assist you with informing your church about the partnership with your church planter and new church plant, NAMB will provide you with promotional items at no expense. Someone from our Church Planter Relations department will contact you to thank you for participating and to direct you to our online list of promotional resources. Just visit the link you receive and select from the resources that best fit the needs and interests of your church. Once selected, your order will be placed and shipped within weeks.