Do you believe that revival begins with prayer?
Did you know every modern revival has begun with prayer?
That’s what makes See You at the Pole so exciting! For over 25 years, See You at the Pole has been about one simple thing—students praying.
See You at the Pole (SYATP) is a global movement of prayer which is student-initiated, student-organized, and student-led. It revolves around students praying together on the fourth Wednesday in September, usually before school and usually at the school’s flag pole.
If we truly desire revival, we would do well to learn from our history and put those lessons learned into action. How can we do that? By encouraging and equipping students for success at See You at the Pole.
You can encourage your students by:
• Promoting and reminding students and parents of the date. Wednesday, September 26th.
• Let them know they have a legal right to gather and pray in this way.
• Contact school officials ahead of time to make them aware of the event.
• BRING SNACKS! Donuts, coffee, etc.
• Let them know you’ll be praying with and for them as they pray for revival.
You can equip your students by:
• Helping them get comfortable praying out loud in front of others.
• Help them prepare a sentence or two for the opening and closing of the event.
• Make sure they have a clear and simple gospel explanation to share if anyone asks.
• Prepare them to respond in love to any negative feedback they might receive.
• Give them an opportunity to share about their experience with the greater body of Christ such as the following Sunday morning or at prayer group.
Whether it’s one lone student at the flag pole praying or over 100 gathered together, SYATP could be just the catalyst needed to spark some energy and excitement for the gospel in your community.
Please visit www.syatp.com for all the info and resources to make SYATP18 a success.
You can also contact me at the MTSBC state office for specific questions.
I look forward to praying for revival in our nation with you and your students on September 26th!